Accessing SESAR’s REST web services
SESAR’s REST web services will have restricted access after release v7.5 becasue of the introduction of MARS (Middleware for Assisting the Registration of Samples) provides a possible pathway where individuls can register samples through REST web services with checks on the quality of the metadata or the mapping of metadata fields. Therefore, access to REST web services will be restricted to ensure quality of registered sample metedata. If you used REST web services before the release of v7.5, you will be grandfathered into accessing SESAR’s REST web services. If you wish to be a new user of SESAR’s REST web services you must fill out this request form. SESAR curators will work with you to ensure that your use of SESAR’s web services results in the registration of good, quality metadata.
SESAR provides following REST web services
- Sample registration
- Validate user credentials and get user codes
- IGSN list for a specific user code
- IGSN list for a geospatial polygon
- IGSN list for a specific field program
- Sample profile for a specific IGSN
- Update sample metadata for a specific IGSN
- Get IGSN(s) for a specific user code and a sample name (NEW)
- Delete a related URL for a specific IGSN (NEW)
The end point is https://app.geosamples.org/webservices/. The test end point is https://sesardev.geosamples.org/webservices/. Before you start to use web services 1, 2, 7, you need to do the following two steps.